Observing Snicker Doodles' BehaviorAs you can see from the photograph above, Doodles has settled very nicely into our home. His confidence has grown in leaps and bounds. I have made some important observations about his personality. I believe this may help a potential adoptive family to better understand him.
Getting to know Doodles
- Doodles does not like loud noises or rapid and excessive movements, therefore, I believe he would be better suited to a home without small children or dogs.
- Doodles is strictly an indoor cat.
- He has very good litter habits.
- He is a hearty eater and is highly energetic.
- Doodles enjoys looking outside windows or relaxing in his favorite chair.
- He is comfortable being a lap cat and enjoys being cuddled.
- Given that he has a shy and often skittish disposition it is advisable that he be adopted into a mature home with someone who understands his behavior.
- Doodles adores toys of all kinds. He particularly likes the laser pen and toys with feathers on them.
- Doodles does very well with other cats.
- He will allow you to trim his claws when he is relaxed and cuddly.
- He can be left unattended at night, he is confident with his surroundings.
- He knows to stay off the dining table and counter tops (unlike Gimli).
- He is okay with new people. My brother babysat him on the weekend and said Doodles is very affectionate cat. Doodles has only seen my brother once before for a few minutes, this is huge progress!
What we're working on
- Doodles hates his carrier. We are currently training him to be more comfortable with the carrier but have had little success thus far.
- Doodles strongly dislikes being picked up. This poses a particular issue because sometimes you need to pick your cat up. We're trying our best to get him accustom to being picked up and held but he gets scared and squirms a lot.
- He likes the fridge a little too much. Every time we open the door he's in there, we are discouraging this behavior.
That's all I have for now. I hope in the future those last few things will be worked through. Doodles is a special cat who requires love and patience. I know in time he'll overcome those few obstacles. : )